May 25, 2011

Nice Knobs, Baby

Okay, so you probably remember me blabbing on about the new hardware for the bathroom vanity the other day. Well I finally bit the bullet and bought some great ones from the-blue-store-for-wives-that-like-to-reno-but-can't-get-their-husband-past-the-front-door. I thought I would share with you how I spruced up that old vanity with some hardware, so here ya go.

And if you have no interest in my knobs (see what I did there) but want to blow off some steam at work you can easily turn this post into a drinking game and take a sip every time I say the word knob. Knob, knob, KNOB! Alright, that should give you a good start.

Here is a short video - a MorganDesignInc first!! And if you're reading this at work and don't want to be found out (yeah, I'm talkin' to you, blondie!) I describe everything below.




Who knew that a little hardware would make such a difference, or that my voice was really that annoying! How about all that reno mess in the background? Feeling inspired yet?


First thing to do is [figure out] and mark exactly where you want your hardware to be. I chose to install my knobs 2 1/2" down from the top, and centered on the frame (yes, I need a new tape measure)...




...then drilled the hole, making sure to hold my drill straight (I know it's not in the photo.. it's hard to drill and take your own photos, you know). Make sure the drill bit you use is the same width of the base of your screw, so that it was fit nice and tight...




...take your good ol' [brand new] knob...






...and screw it nice and tight into the hole you just drilled.




The handles were done the same way, but because of two screws - there was a lot more bad language...



And here is how great the doors look now with their new knobs and handles!





It was definitely lots of fun - mostly impart because I love a great before-and-after result, especially for little to no money. Hope anyone at home who decides to follow suit ends up with something at least this sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment